Hey guys! Im guessing that if you are reading this, then like me you have had or are anticipating finding clothes while nursing is going to be a challenge! Well, don’t lose hope! Finding clothes that are functional and still stylish is possible! It just takes some extra planning and with Sawyer I learned so much and have narrowed it down to 5 easy tips! I hope this helps, and please comment below if you have any tips to add!
- ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS invest in comfy, button down shirts! It makes nursing so easy because all you have to do is undue a few buttons and your done! Whether its summer or winter when your little blessing arrives, a button down shirt can transcend all seasons! The key is wearing a comfy nursing camisole, or bra underneath. And don’t forget your nursing pads! I like the disposable ones best! Check out our pregnancy highlight videos on our instagram for more info and what brand of nursing pads I buy. Here are some of the current button down shirts I have myself or recommend!
2. LAYERS are KEY. I am always varying from being freezing cold to sweating like a popsicle stick on the forth of July! When breastfeeding you hormones have a mind of their own, surging like crazy and causing you to be all kinds of temperatures regardless of the actual weather. So again I will say, layers are KEY. Here are some of my favorite, cozy and lightweight cardigans and sweaters while breastfeeding.
3. Invest in a good nursing bra and/or camisole. Honestly I wear mine everyday and the better the quality the longer they last. You might spend more money at first but they will last you so much longer and you will actually save money in the long run! The ones I linked below are so comfortable too! I can’t tell you how nice it is to just quickly unhook your nursing bra, and BAMM you are ready to feed your little one.
4. Lounge wear is a necessity. I am a PJ girl to begin with but I LOVE and seriously LIVE in these pajamas linked below. I have them in 3 colors. They are cute and soooo buttery soft.
5. Practical shoes. Girls, I love a good heel and more power to you in you can wear heels with babies and toddlers, but unfortunately I am not one of you. I recommend investing in a new comfy, athletic shoe! Lucky for us they are on trend! They are easy to throw on, and makes chasing after your other kids much easier. I love when I’m able to run and play with Sawyer and not have to worry about the shoes I wearing. That doesn’t mean I wear them on date night, but it is a practical option for everyday life! Here are some of my fave right now!